In 2005, Jacksonville took the international spotlight as host of Super Bowl XXXIX. Jacksonville also hosts national golf , tennis, basketball , soccer , arena football, and baseball events throughout the year. In January make plans to visit Jacksonville for the annual TaxSlayer Bowl . Originally named the Gator Bowl, it has been held continuously since 1946, making it the sixth oldest college bowl, as well as the first one ever televised nationally.
With some of the greatest views in spectator golf, and as one of the largest sporting events in the world, THE PLAYERS Championship brings the best golfers in the world together for the purest test in golf. THE PLAYERS Stadium course was built with the complete fan experience in its DNA, and year after year it only gets better.
With a talent for tailgating and a passion for all sports, local residents have honed the art of the sports celebration and welcome visitors to partake in the fun. While football remains the undisputed king, Jacksonville expresses a love for the game - any game - with equal enthusiasm.
General driving directions EverBank Field
Driving from the Southside on I-95
- Take the Main Street Exit and cross the Main Street Bridge
- Exit at Ocean Street
- Turn right on Union Street and follow the signs for the Stadium.
Driving from the Northside I-95
- Stay in the left-hand lane and get off at the Union Street exit. (It will be on your left. )
- Stay on Union Street until you get to the Coliseum / A. Phillip Randolph exit.
- Turn right at the first light on A. Phillip Randolph Blvd and turn right.
- Go one block to the next light, then left on Duval Street.
- The Stadium will be on your right.
Driving from the beaches on the Arlington Expressway / Matthews Bridge
- Take the Stadium (Sports Complex) exit or the Veterans Memorial Arena / Florida Avenue exit.
- Follow the signs to the Stadium or Veterans Memorial Arena.
Driving from the Hart Bridge (without Stadium parking)
- Exit at either Adams Street or Duval Street.
- Turn left on Liberty Street to Bay Street.
- Follow the signs to the Stadium.
Driving from the Hart Bridge (with Stadium parking)
- Take the Stadium (Sports Complex) exit
- The Stadium is on your left.
Westside on I-10
- Take I-95 Northbound.
- Go to the Union Street (Sports Complex) Exit.
- Stay on Union Street until you reach the Stadium or Veterans Memorial Arena / A. Phillip Randolph Blvd exit and turn right.
- Go one block to the next light, then turn left on Duval Street
- The Sports Complex will be on your right.
- Take I-95 Northbound to Forsyth Street(Sports Complex) exit.
- Stay on Forsyth Street until you reach Liberty Street.
- Turn Right on Liberty Street
- Turn left on Bay Street
- Follow the signs to the Stadium Exit.
Check travel conditions on game day by checking 511! The Florida Department of Transportation's (FDOT) 511 Traveler Information System provides up-to-date traffic information on crashes, congestion, construction and more on all of Florida's interstates, toll roads and other major metropolitan roadways.
There are four convenient ways for motorists to receive traffic updates:
- • Call 511 toll free for updates in English and Spanish.
- • Visit FL511.com, with interactive roadway maps showing traffic congestion and crashes, travel times and traffic camera views.
- • Download the free Florida 511 mobile app.
- • Follow one of the 12 statewide, regional or roadway-specific feeds on Twitter.
FDOT reminds all travelers to check 511 before traveling, have a passenger check 511 or pull over to avoid distracted driving.